PLEASE NOTE THAT SIGN UP HAS NOW CLOSED-places have already been allocated- if you are interested in going on the waiting list, please email Gillian Clarke, firstname.lastname@example.org
On December 9th, Arts Audiences is holding a one day event to disseminate information about audiences and provide instruction and training. We hope you will consider joining us for a day that will share information about audiences across artforms and provide practical instruction.
Who is it for? Marketing and organisation managers with a primary responsibility for growing audiences; those within specific sectors in visual arts, literature, music and other artforms who have an interest in audience development and wish to expand their knowledge and expertise; venue and festival managers and those whose work crosses artforms and are in need of the wider picture.
What is it? A programme of presentations of brand new research from 2014, conducted by Arts Audiences with The Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon, will be complemented by practical instruction sessions with contributions from some some of the leading arts organisations in Ireland and the UK, including the Royal Shakespeare Company and Tate Britain.
The programme will include;
- Presentation, dissemination and discussion of research from 2014:
- visual arts benchmarking, ‘Here & Now’- with Sarah Boiling of The Audience Agency (UK)
- opera audience development – Heather Maitland and Annette Nugent
- literary festivals benchmarking– Annette Nugent and Sarah Murphy
- Plenary sessions:
- A new report from Kantar media(UK Ltd) on audiences, based on TGI 2013/2014
- Marketplace 2014, presented by Audiences NI followed by touring presentation and panel discussion
- Practical marketing seminars:
- Internal advocacy- How to advocate within your organisation for marketing and audience development.
- What kinds of images work, in print and online?
- Digital Marketing-how does social media contribute to marketing effort? With panel discussion.
- What are the benefits of sharing audience information with each other?
The final programme will be announced on November 12th
When & Where? Dublin Castle, December 9th 2014, 9am-6pm
How much does it cost? The event is free, however, we are charging a €10 registration fee to confirmed delegates, which includes a basic sandwich lunch. Online payments only.
How do I sign up?
There is a 2 step registration process.
- Expressions of interest are invited from today, Click the ‘register button above to register your interest now. Please note:
- Each individual from an organisation must register separately
- Places are limited and will be allocated based on achieving a good regional and artform spread.
- We will be in touch by November 12th to confirm whether you have been allocated a place. At that time you will be asked to pay the €10 registration fee (via paypal) by November 19th, in order to confirm your place.
We have designed this day to interest, inform and challenge in the area of audiences and we look forward to showcasing the range of audience development and information gathering work Arts Audiences and The Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon has engaged in with partners across the country, representing a broad cross-section of the arts in Ireland. Learning from the experience of your peers will be a key part of the day.
We look forward to seeing you there.